Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Sherbrooke city is my home a journey'd experience



Good Company written by ©LeeMarie 
Welcome to my home.
 Come on in let me show you around.
Please take a seat while I check to see
 if things are almost ready for us to eat.
I won't be but a moment
 while I bring us back something to drink.
You must be thirsty from your journey?
I have brought us in some tea and some sherry.
Yes, I'm still working at the same pace,
I still have my hobbies that I love to do every day.
No I have no new man in my life
I like my peace and quiet.
My family is fine,
I haven't seen any friends as of late.
 Sadly, the state of our world
 is still a huge growing concern.
Our waters are filled with poisons,
our lands are too hot and heavy.
Our politicians keep squeezing 
us citizens for more
As they gleefully fill their bellies,
line their pockets with our monies.
Our taxes are far too high for the amount
of programs they keep slashing.
We have grown-ups,
teenagers, still sleeping on our streets.
Children are going to school
 with sounds of tummies rumbling
they clearly need something to eat.
We, a rich nation how do we sleep?
 It's true we haven’t done much more to help
 believing our levy would be solving all their plights.
We must count the many blessings
offer up a pray for no more suffering.
 Freedom is a luxury not everyone
 gets to keep .
We can ask for peace, justice and fairness for all,
 it will still feel like we should be doing more;
Are we the problem or part of some grander solution?
Such a serious tone this has all taken,
I've been going on and on.
we shall leave it there?
How have you been?
You look well, how does your life fair?
Come... 
Shall we eat?!! 
Have a glass of wine?
It’s been lovely chatting,
Thanks for visiting,
I’ll walk you out,
bye now, toodaloo
Shut the front door
I'm alone in my house
I've put the welcome mat away
I've got my trusty cat Marley,
following me about 
I'll say goodnight...


Yellow golden leaves lay fallen from my bathroom window. Which now stands barren, naked in its wake of a long winters 
                                                   
It’s been raining none stop for 4 days; there were signs of sleet and hail pitting against my slanted office windows.


But until winter cascades down its large snowflakes and sticks to the ground, winter has yet to start and as the season of fall heads out. Sherbrooke city will seem like a sleepy town for the next 5 months, as 154.600 people bustle to and from their homes, walking or driving. Mont-Bellevue’s Marché de la Gare on the south side of Lac des Nations parking lot will have a large Christmas tree light up shortly and a fairest wheel built for rides all winter long; fireworks will set off commemorating its arrival.

Sherbrooke city was founded in 1793, there used to be an airport nearby but it was discontinued by 2010.                                  
There is talk of making a train service from Montreal to Sherbrooke city, which would be handy as the bus ride in is about 2 hours long and by car about an hour and half.
The Jacques-Cartier and Mont-Bellevue boroughs consist of the city center and are separated by the picturesque Magog River Gorge, it’s quite the attraction. The gorge is the site of Quebec’s oldest hydroelectric station, still in operation. Several museums are located near the gorge, including Société d’Histoire, Musée de la Nature and Sciences, and Musée des Beaux-Arts de Sherbrooke. For a spectacular view of the gorge, take the Secteur Paton-Frontenac path around the river. When darkness falls, the walls of this natural wonder are illuminated along the Promenade des Rapids, a 2-kilometre footpath that links Lac des Nations to the city center.

Soon my balcony view will be boarder up for the winter, the landlord has stated it so for this weekend coming. He does it to protect the wooden balcony and stairs, the only added bonus is there is no snow to shovel and the harsh winds being so high up, protects me when I descend to go out or I think I would be blown off. It is time to take down all my flower pots and stack them up. Time to plant the garlic cloves my mum gave me and wrap the pot in bubble wrap so it doesn't freeze, for the harvest will come up in spring.

There'll be not so many visiting friends looking for a helping hand, until spring comes around again.

I can see written by ©LeeMarie

a world suddenly shaken
I can see that you have been crying.
Your eyes are red and they look swollen.
Is there anything I can do to help?
I can take a few moments.
Offer to listen while you unburden.
Some of what seems to be exhausting;
suffocating you with all that stress.
We may have never shared the same roads.
or even taken similar directions,
but we do share in some common threads.
We all have had our share of disappointments.
felt that loss of a well known special person;
even experienced having our hearts broken
Heard those words intended to mar us,
fought against those who discriminated against us;
expressed outrage at the treatment of our neighbors,
felt shock, disbelief that left some saddened by it all.
We have consoled ourselves; fought off the guilt;
even learned how to smile with life once again.
So believe me when I say our world is surreal in many ways.
I can understand you in some small way,
what you might be going through here today.
if you care to share. I can listen to what you have to say…

This month brought a childhood friendship back into my life. 26 years of no contact has made for many changes in each other’s lives. We went to school together, even CEGEP took the same courses.  I was thirteen, when we met, I had just moved into Montreal West. She was one of my first friends that I made in the neighbor hood. So that makes 3 school friends I have found. One of them, a bright, successful lady today, had a family connection with me as well a personal friendship, back in the day. Her mom (god rest her soul) would be so proud of her. I often ran to her house for shelter and support having to escape mine.

I am glad we all keep in touch. Long gone is the time that we skipped school one day and held up in our 4th friends basement waiting for her parents to leave. We were so bored, I don't know about the other three but I never skipped school again. 
Some surprises and a lot of growth between all of us and add another success story amongst the four of us; this lost contact friend that I speak of,  whom I just reconnected with; (It is the one thing Face book is good for, people can find you eventually.)  which is how we made plans to meet up in Montreal and do an overnight trip out in the Laurentian in December, weather permitted. 
As we get older, we start losing people in our lives and sometimes feeling some what nostalgic over some of the loses, it's good to know there are 40 odd year friendships out there connected, with a history of memories we can share over time with each other. Here's to that. Cheers!

My primary computer has found itself in the repair state. A Sherbie friend has rescued it to see if it can do miracles and bring it back to life. I always put on the MPC player and fall asleep to a program and have the program shut down the computer when it’s finished. I woke up to the computer playing on a loop of shut down and restart to only have XP refusing to load. Some software or hard drive is in trouble. The second computer I have was never loaded for internet use but only graphic use. I had no memory of my passwords or internet sites, which were are all saved on the primary computer. It took 3 days to download and install,  as this internet connection does not hold for long and so getting on sites or downloading took many restarts before the computer was up and running. Fingers crossed the primary is fixable and returned shortly.

I am still waking up with bursitis pain in my arm but I hesitate to return to the clinic for a cortisone shot. This has been going on since May. I am still on nicotine gum and haven’t smoked. I made sure I didn't drink to help ensure that I successfully quit.  I will be testing my strength in December when I indulge in a glass or two.

I have several paintings to finish, I have been drawing a lot and I was given some suggestions of how to bring in more of an audience to my works which would translate into sales. I tweet fellow artists work every day at a twitter page I opened for just that @Curators_share. If one of their works sells I get a small percentage of the sale. 
The even neater thing about doing that is all the cool artwork that I get to see coming across my screen.

I practiced playing on the electric keyboard yesterday. ‘My bonnie lies over the ocean’, is one of the tunes I played. Today I will play ‘stair way to heaven’; I looked for the music notes amongst my books last night. I had to do practice books for a while since I hadn't played in a long time. I taught myself years ago how to play when I lived in N.D.G with my child. I had bought an upright piano for our 41/2 apartment and placed in our living room. I played it every day and sent my daughter off for piano lessons. I have a guitar but I have trouble strumming so I don’t pick it up to practice that often, discourage I would say.

It’s sadly bleak outside as I look out of the window by my desk. The temperature has dipped as I can feel the change in the early hours that I awake. I am making soup and cooking up some black beans to put in my spaghetti sauce. I do a lot more cooking in the fall and winter, than I do in spring in summer. It’s easier to buy fresh then as for now it’s time for large bags of frozen. I can hear a pigeon coo-ing outside my window as I  smell the cooking, it is calling me to go stir so I must go, for now…

That's all for now, in the meantime stay active, steadfast and true to you Cheers XO 
I wish for you in 2017 the journey of fun and play.
The gift of being surrounded by family and friends.
Good health and prosperity
joy and laughter.
From my family to yours
Happy New Year
all the best to you and your loved ones.


LeeMarie xo



















1 comment:

  1. Very beautiful photos, and wow I guess winter is harsh where you live. Michele. Cozy and nice is how this blog comes to me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time. Kind Regards LM