Sunday, November 5, 2017

As I look out of the bathroom window the large maple tree that is in my view is almost barren with only a quarter of its leaves left to fall. I can almost see the street light again and the neighbor’s light is on across the street indicating someone is home. The heat has come on from the furnace in the basement, as I reached for my towel resting on the radiator from last night’s bath; it was warm to the touch. This week has been a bit of an emotional roller coaster, with the news that I may lose my home due to the owner selling the building to a friend of his. My landlord wants to retire back to the country and his wealthy friend wants to buy it from him for his two adult children attending university. (does he want adopt me?) I ask my landlord when he informed me of this change to come.
There are three apartments, with the landlord’s place makes four. However, out of the three of us tenants, suddenly, two of us will be given notice as to who will lose their apartment next year with no renewal of a lease offered in 2018. You can imagine how upset I am at this strong possibility of having to move from a home that I so love and enjoy living in. Finding some place new, with all my wants and needs will be challenging and I am now anxious to find out the answer. Usually February is the month the landlord renews the lease, but I told him I can’t wait until then to know, so he intends to put us out of our misery as soon as possible, small mercy.
 A foggy morning slowly clearing...

In October there was a Feminist march: a hundred people gathered in downtown Sherbrooke and walked along Wellington North to the Town hall. The event aimed to raise awareness of the safety of women. Better Streetlights seem to be a talking point as well equality issues aimed at a political level, as municipal elections are forthcoming on November 5th.
#MeToo has been in the news lately and I added my two cents to this issue that was headlined on my friend’s timeline on Face book and responded the following
#metoo Me Too I thought as I got older and being now in my 50's that the predators that cross my path would stop, but that isn't the case at all. It happens to women in everyday life and it affects us all in every work industry imaginable. As a matter of fact, you don't even have to be in front of someone, it happens on the telephone line based on the tones in your voice, causes arousal and sexual innuendos, start dominating the conversation. We have walked around silent for so many years, privately dealing with it and trying to shrug it off and turning inward on our selves. We live with double standards all the time. Both men and women state' we ask for it' purely based by the choice of clothing we wear. Men walk around with their shirts off all the time. Looking all buffed, built and 'hot' some even are very sexy and alluring. Are they asking for it? How can you help but not look at what attracts you so. What's the difference though? Is in what comes out of your mouth, when you see that attraction, or that beauty; what you do with hands without permission to touch that fine specimen, body. This is what’s called crossing the line, how difficult is that to understand? We are surrounded by entitled takers, and blamers, for bad behavior. NO accountability, for poor judgment and harm onto others. Intimidation, abuse of power all so that arousal, stirring can have a happy ending, for one. How twisted is that? It has been going on for centuries and it’s about time to educate and end this need to make someone submissive to you so a body can get their rocks off. Sadly, shortly, the media’s news outlets will taper off onto another big story and attentions will be drawn elsewhere; not much will change except a few more voices will speak out from time to time until the curtains are closed again as things go back to status quo and games with peoples’ lives play on for sport. XO 
What saddened me in the news, as I wrote it on my own timeline, was the loss of Gord Downie.
To his family, friends and fans,  My condolences for your loss of this wonderful loved one. Gord will be missed, but never, ever forgotten. Generations to come will learn of this great man's accomplishments and contributions. He was a great, inspiring Canadian , a fantastic poet, writer, musician, singer, a mentor and a hero. Bless XO ❤
Our prime minister, Justin Trudeau’s, teary-eyed speech on the loss of our beloved artist had me tear’d up by the end of it.
On a news feed the following occurred in Sherbrooke city shared by Radio Canada.
An abrupt end for the Taxis dispatchers in Sherbrooke city: profitability question according to drivers. The operators from the call distribution center of Taxis de Sherbrooke do not digest the way they were thrown out by the company. Some of them went to the office Monday afternoon to collect their belongings.
Once there, the vice-president of the dispatchers' union, contacted the police as the management refused them access to the premises. Recall that the 10 employees responsible for the distribution of calls learned by phone their dismissal Sunday at the end of the day. The employer advised them that the distribution of appeals would now be in Ottawa, Ontario; voted by a large majority to move it there for profit. Clients were encouraged not to tip the Taxi drivers that day for shabby treatment of the dispatchers. Very sad end to peoples lively hood. Emploi Quebec has reached out to help the employees find more work elsewhere. The dispatchers though are considering an action plan against the Taxi company.

Next week the winter boards go up and the Mountain View all but gone for the next six long months. My garden has still some vigor, so I am enjoying the weather and plan to collect and dismantle everything at the very last minute.
 Marley spies the visiting squirrel...
Meanwhile I need to do some housekeeping for the visitors who will inspect my home and open cupboards and snoop at my surroundings on Thursday at 9:AM of next week. My landlord, suddenly announced he wants to give me new floors in the front room, sand and varnish the one’s in the living room too. Repair the cracks to the wall due to the foundation shift of the building that affected the living room and bedroom wall; and then have me paint the walls after. I am floored, because I asked for this when I first week I moved in 4 years ago, and was refused. I hadn't noticed all the imperfections due to occupants things being in the way of seeing it. I had to use my paintings and photographs to disguise the imperfections.
I told him, you are welcome to do as you wish, but the cans of paint you give me will sit in wait until I hear whether or not, I get the option to renew my lease. I don’t desire to put the hard work in only for someone else to benefit from it. It’s how I feel, and who can blame me? All this to impress his very blessed, wealthy friend, who’s adult child will benefit; when I wasn't on the radar to please, back when I asked for the changes. The disruption of two of my rooms to do my floors will be enough of a concession, I think.
This month as has been a stressful time with my daughter landing her issues at my feet. I found myself walking to the store and buying myself a 20 pack of cigarettes and decided to forgo any alcohol intake. A box of nicotine gum sits on a shelve with some packets still left over, it wasn't going to cut the mustard for me; I’ll start to chew the gum again tomorrow. Today is a pleasantly warm one, so I sat outside and I reached out to friend to discuss my various fears and hope only to find that we shared parallel circumstances with our adult children ripping our hearts out. Both facing the possibility of losing our home each for various reasons.
Feeling the brunt of our child’s misplaced blame; issues disturbing them at present have landed on our plates and we are being made to feel responsible. Each really taken with where we reside, and don’t want to let go unless under under our own steam. We propped each other up as best we could, each taking turns relaying the tales. 3 hours in, many cups of coffee and cigs later, my phone battery on its last leg; we decided to stay strong and to step back a little and let them work things out in their own time, keeping the spirit of ‘we are here for you, if you need us, when you’re ready’. Nevertheless, first thing to do is to stop taking how they are reacting towards us a little less personally as our health and stress levels are important to take note of. If there is, any accountability to take it will be so, at this point though I do not see any. My relationship with my daughter is fragile at best and to alienate her now would do more harm and serve no purpose so it is a delicate stage to navigate. I do pray though that she gets through it and comes out the other end feeling better about the issues. I do hope the same sentiment for my friend’s situation. You never stop worrying about your children, even as they are grown and have a family of their own. Your relationship changes though, into what you hope is, the friendship status/family, as you no longer have to walk behind them but beside them. We both decided to let the universe decide our fate of our home life and journey we may have to take to settle into a new. Sucks the big one.
Tomorrow I go back to the gum, I quite like being a ‘none smoker’, free from the constant call of it. However, today was not that day, and it made me sick to my stomach and gave me a headache ¾ of the pack into it, my punishment for the pressure I've put my arteries through.
I have made myself a pot of herbal tea trying to relieve the symptoms, I've eaten a little bit of homemade soup and I warmed a piece of whole wheat baguette in the oven with some butter that melted to it to dunk in my soup. I flossed soon after and brushed my teeth to get rid of the feeling of tar, chemicals off my teeth, what possessed me?
I feel better though, hope and faith somewhat restored, but not fully, fear still lingers and I hate so much to feel that kind of weak. I would love to say I am always fearless, but whom am I kidding?
The weather promises to get warmer again and I decided to take myself out with my camera, a thought that occurred to me as I watched someone take photos of someone’s porch while passing them by on the way to shops at lunch hour. It’s been awhile since I've done so, walking around may help empower me a bit.
As I was talking to my friend on the phone, I was throwing many peanuts over for the crows and squirrel that kept visiting and begging; a pass time I enjoy doing, come fall. 
I finally recorded this song I wrote, a lullaby dedicated to my grandkids, daughter and my friend JL who I found the other day needed a distraction and some cheering; so I sang it to her over the telephone line. I told her after she said ‘beautiful’ that I would dedicate it to her along with my family.

Hush now baby Written by ©LeeMarie
When you’re feeling low or blue,
I can sing you a lullaby or two;
And I can tell you tales
Of some lives and their pursuits,
And I can imagine how some of those
Dreams of theirs came to be.
And while I stroke your hair,
I can tell you why, they paid no mind
As they, stood so strong and true.
So hush now baby don’t you weep,
I can help you with some answers
 to the questions that you seek.
I can stay until you fall, deep into slumber.
Rub your shoulders, as I used to do
Back, in the day for you.
I can say,
Wish I may, wish I might
Love can’t promise rainbows every day,
Nor can it stop life
From, chasing our cares away.
I can say,
They’ll be day, when it feels like
You’re crawling about in baby steps.
And it’s while you wait and wait for a sign
That one of your dreams is taking shape.
I can say,
Don’t forget your base,
Oh, it will take you far when you show some heart;
A gift, that keeps on giving, on your part.
I can say,
Reach for the stars,
Yes, I know they are way up high;
Imagination can give you a start.
If you just believe.
Spread your wings, far and wide
Feel the freedom in your flight.
Say your prays every night,
Count your blessing every time.
Say good night now,
Close your eyes
Say good night now.
Sweet dreams.
Say good night now,
Shut the light.
I love you.
  https://youtu.be/CMwrs1MXB28
                                           
I have reached into my freezer to retrieve some ice cream I made, it’s quite delicious, a recipe I found on line.
I use 3 bananas that have started to turn black
Chop them up in coin size and throw them in a bag
And then into the freezer to freeze for a few hours.
Once frozen into the blender they go
½ a cup of milk, the blender may ask for a little bit more.
A tsp of vanilla, a tiny pinch of salt (optional)
Press grate and then throw in
½ a cup of dark chocolate chips
A quick press on mix or pour it out and mix it in by hand
Then put into a container and freeze for a bit.
You can even throw in other frozen fruit if you’d like
De-e-licious.

Well, that’s it for now…
Until next time, stay active, stead fast and true to you
Cheers XO


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time. Kind Regards LM