Tuesday, December 20, 2016

It was so magical, at 1:30 am I awoke to see through my bathroom 
window the maple tree that sits in front of the street larger than life, all the tips of all its branches covered with large black birds sleeping. Try as I might my camera wouldn't take the shot of them. My eyes couldn't believe what I was seeing. It seems this is a once a year occurrence. They sound like crows and they travel by the hundreds. Two of the trees that I can see from my kitchen and bedroom windows had also black birds sleeping on the tips of their branches. Amazing I thought, as I tried once again to take the photo of them at 6:45 am before daylight was shining as I knew they would all fly off together never to be seen again until possibly next year. Some of the branches were already empty as they already started to fly off.  The sky was coated; as far as the eye could see were hoards of black birds taking to the sky traveling together to somewhere else. It seemed to go on forever and I stared in awe of this phenomena.
Last years photo of them as the tree was emptying
The other day on Wellington Street, it held the Christmas parade, Santa was coming to town.  I went out too early and found myself out of camera battery and cold. So I left without seeing Santa, maybe next year. 

I walked around Wellington street taking pictures of some buildings too. This one was the Wellington Hotel quite the place to be back in the 70's with it's parties and dancing as well as the rooms. I booked a friend in last year and it still had the 70's look it desperately needed an upgrade. It's looks closed now...
summer time 2016 close up of the statue on King street west


King Street West Photos
Do you remember this story being in the news? His wife lives in Sherbrooke city, I believe the city is showing solidarity to his plight. I thought he was released, not sure on the update story.
My little friends are still visiting, the other day it was feeling like -30 Celsius and birds were hanging in my enclosed balcony.  So I put out a box with a t-shirt wrapped around it, the neckline as it’s opening, something I had seen to do for my cat Marley; so I put it outside for the next cold snap we have for the birds to take shelter in. I took a shot of the geese flying over it was so cloudy out that day. 
I finished decorating my trees today; it’s been sitting there waiting for me with only its lights on. I sent out all my cards and gifts through the post last week to reach everyone on time. It’s always fun to receive cards; I know I enjoy receiving them myself as I place them all around the house and smile every time my view sets upon one. It’s nice to be thought of...
In one day I received two packages. One contained a photo album of me back in 70’s  , as a young adult. In the 70's I met a woman who was like a surrogate mother figure who I so admired, a mentor, a confidant, one of my best friends. Sadly we parted bitterly disappointed in each other. By the time I came around to the thought of reaching out again it was too late she died of liver failure in April 2015; she drank herself to death. So young, she had made poor choices in her life, and couldn't see the light to change; she was broken, and mean, bitter and thoughtless. This was not the same woman I loved, not anymore; not the kind soul full of life and vigor. She was once so wise and cheery, funny and witty. I am left heartbroken that there was nothing to been done, I couldn't be the witness in this spiraling downfall anymore, as she was wasting away in life.  I held in my hand a red scarf with large white Christmas flowers that came in box along with the photos, her best friend of 50 odd years had so thoughtfully added it to the box. I brought it my nose and smelled it wondering as I did so, if it would hold the channel # 5 she so loved to wear. I have a lot great memories of her in my life and that is what I will hold dear and cherish forever and a day.  Thank you LMc rest in peace.  
The other package was from her partner in life, son, who died a year after her, of 4 stage cancer. So sad; his son asked if I wanted souvenirs from the house and I said yes. So he sent along a Nippon set of a plate and saucer but sadly he fumbled the packaging by wrapping some in newspaper instead of bubble wrapping all of the items, some items wouldn't of arrived broken if he had. I am hoping to glue together the saucer but the glass ware was far too damaged. Every year I sent school photos of my daughter and they were framed and sat proudly on the book case in their living room; so the son returned all my daughter’s pictures along with a few other trinkets. Thanks for thinking of me.
I've been accepted and I've been segregated
I've been cared for and I've been neglected
I've been charming and I've been accused
I've been worthy and I've been shunned
I've been spoiled and I've been destroyed
I've been challenged and I've been berated
I've been praised and I've been condemned
I've been cheery and I've been  burdened
Yet all I know is that you've been my constant in my life,
 my only true guiding light.
I've been cruel and I've been kind
I've been destructive and I've been selfless
I've been fearful and I've been brave
I've been tactless and I've been compassionate
I've been shameless and I've been honorable
I've been insecure and I've been confident
I've been needy and I've been independent
I've been sad and I've been happy
I've been looking back and I've been looking forward
Yet all I know is that you've been my constant in my life,
my only true guiding light. 
I've been blessed in so many ways, 
even through the struggles when I couldn't see it
for all of it I am still truly grateful, Amen
©LeeMarie 
On December 1, 2016 I took the bus into Montreal to meet up with a girlfriend I hadn't heard from in 26 years. I had met her when I was thirteen, I had just returned from England where I had lived for 5 years. I met her in school and we became friends, both misfits who felt the draw towards one another. She picked me up at the Vendome metro station with gleeful hugs and we went off to lunch. My trip in was filled with views of construction once we hit Montreal. I was shocked by how much it was changing. I had pulled my camera out to late as I was in a state of bewilderment so I missed a lot of the water construction action.
My first night I stayed with my birth mum, whom I found 4 years ago; she still hasn't told my three half sisters about me yet, when she's ready. My mum made us a Christmas dinner of turkey and homemade meat pie. Some red wine and fruit cake, I was stuffed with so much yumminess that I had to bring home left over’s that I couldn't finish on my plate. We went shopping before dinner and I bought a Jessica brand winter coat that was  50 % off and a scratch ticket that gave me an additional 10% off. Love savings! The next day my friend and I waved away from my mother’s house and went to Saint Sauveur for the day. I only took a couple of photos, as we were in and out of the shops, Christmas shopping.
 On one of the main streets we found a Christmas shop of only decorations; we were in decorating heaven, such a cute shop. We ate in one of the several restaurants; so many choices we were walking up and down the street trying to pick one reading their menu boards, plus some were closed until supper hour which took longer to finally pick one. We dropped into an artisan shop where furniture was refurbished with recycled material along with lamps and chairs; it was clever! 
Getting back to Montreal had us in traffic but we finally made it back to Vendome metro where I journey'd back to Sherbrooke city I made the bus as everyone was boarding, phew great timing. Sadly I was feeling sick towards the end of that bus ride and I was in bed for three days after. Can’t really say what happened.
I have company coming shortly over the holidays from Trios Rivere. It’s been a while since we've seen each other. I've been decorating and making my home look somewhat festive for the impending visit.
My friend that I have known since 1989, we met working in a food court off a metro station. I can’t remember which one. I left the job to live in St. Anne de Bellevue with my daughter. Two years later we saw each other again as I moved to Dorval and rented a house with two other friends. I was sitting in a restaurant called La Terrace in Dorval Mall and the owner Spiro offered me a job and  there I bumped into my friend again and we found ourselves working together once again. 
Every year, for about 4 or 5 years, her and I along with some others would head into the bar of the restaurant we worked at and on the big screen we would sit and watch ‘How the Grinch stole Christmas’ animation; sipping on eggnog and brandy. A tradition I remember fondly ever since those days that I still yearly watch the Grinch animation.  She has since moved to the USA where she found her husband and they had a child; so we keep in touch through Face book. On her page the other day, she reminded us all of how difficult a time this season holiday is for most folks who are not as blessed as some to have family and friends to celebrate the holidays with. It can be a lonely time, some may have lost a loved one and so it can be a sorrowful time for them too. Many are struggling daily to feed their families and this Holiday adds a particular stress to give something special to their loved ones. It is a time to pay it forward to charities and food banks to help those in need. When planning invites to the table if you know of someone all alone on the holidays, an invite would go a long way to ensuring they are not forgotten.
https://fineartamerica.com/featured/happy-holiday-7-listen-leemarie.html
I remember when I was younger, at 16 years old, living at the Y.M.C.A on Crescent street and Dorchester in downtown Montreal, finding myself all alone, crying myself to sleep as everyone around me left for invites and I had no one to share in the holidays with. I had found it tough back then. Things have changed for me since then and I have been blessed to be included at the table of friends every year since. My beautiful daughter, lives now in the USA and with her family they go off to Florida and spend it with her husband's family, lucky weather to be having, although snow does make it so so magical on eve of Christmas. 
Now at my age if I find myself alone at Christmas time, I don’t find it so tough to deal with anymore. I simply plan to make a special meal, with wine and hot chocolate and loads of movies to watch. I have my favorite songs to sing along too and I learned to make my own merriment; I receive a few calls from familiar voices on the telephone line, those who thought of me to give me cheer. Bless! Hug your loved ones… We never know what the future brings sometimes memories is all we have. Cheers!
The bells are ringing
 as the lights are all twinkling
 under the glistening fallen snow.
Voices are singing
 ‘Joy to the world, the time has come’
To wish everyone a
Merry Christmas
Joyeux Noel
Happy New Year
Bonne Annee
Cheers Everyone
That's it for now in the meantime stay active, steadfast and true to you. Cheers XO
I wish for you in 2017 the journey of fun and play.
The gift of being surrounded by family and friends.
Good health and prosperity
joy and laughter.
From my family to yours
Happy New Year
all the best to you and your loved ones.
LeeMarie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time. Kind Regards LM